Paid vacation, 401K / Retirement plan, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Health Insurance
Solar Turbines, a Caterpillar Company and one of the world’s leading manufacturers of industrial turbine engines, is now hiring CNC Machinists at our Broken Arrow, OK facility.
Solar Turbines offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
• Medical, Dental, Life Insurance
• Incentive bonus
• Tuition reimbursement
• Professional development/advancement opportunities
We are also offering a sign-on bonus!
As a CNC Machinist you will set up and operate specific machine tools to produce close tolerance machined parts per engineering routing instructions, with little or no supervision from the Team Leader required.
• Machine tools - such as but not limited to CNC Lathes, Mills, or VTL’s
• Hand tools
• Pallet jacks
• Jib crane
• Minimum of 5 years of machining experience.
• Experience with Horizontal-Vertical lathes, Mills and/or Mill-Turn Machines.
• Must be currently eligible to work in the country in which this position is located.
• Must be able to set up and operate CNC lathes, mills and/or miii-turn machines with little or no supervision needed.
• Must be able to read blueprints.
• Must be able to make some program changes and be able to make adjustments to offsets accordingly.
• Good working knowledge of math and minimal trigonometry.
• Set up/tear down machine tools – load and/or unload jaws, fixtures, tooling as needed.
• Download programs from central database.
• Make minor program changes as needed to improve process.
• Load and unload parts from machine.
• Frequent inspection of finished product to control quality through the machining process.
• Monitor cutting tools and make adjustments as needed, make machine offsets, and index or change inserts as needed.
• Make tooling changes as needed to improve process.
• Keep immediate area clean and orderly.
• Ability to determine when cutting tools are dull and should be changed or indexed.
• Ability to make all minor program changes if needed.
• Ability to use measuring instruments, including but not limited to calipers, micrometers, height gauges, depth gauges, etc.
• Ability to use mechanical equipment, such as pallet jacks, jib cranes, die grinders, belt sanders, files.
• Ability to follow complex written and verbal instructions.
• Ability to read and comprehend drawings and shop routing.
• Ability to read and understand engineering routing and process drawings.
• Must be motivated by daily and weekend overtime.
• 1st Shift: Monday-Friday, 7:30am-4pm
• 2nd Shift: *Monday-Thursday, 4pm-2:30am
*2nd shift differential pay of $3/hour is in addition to base pay
Please apply online today. Click "Apply now" for more information.
Auto req ID: 6727BR
Headquartered in San Diego, California, USA, Solar Turbines Incorporated, a subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of industrial gas turbines, with more than 15,000 units and over 2 billion operating hours in over 100 countries.
Products from Solar Turbines play an important role in the development of oil, natural gas and power generation projects around the world. Solar Turbines’ products include gas turbine engines (rated from 1590 to 30,000 horsepower), gas compressors, and gas turbine-powered compressor sets, mechanical-drive packages and generator sets (ranging from 1 to 22 megawatts).
Solar’s foundation is people and Solar’s culture is one where individual contributions are valued, diversity in the workplace is encouraged, and safety is emphasized in all aspects of the business. Solar Turbines is comprised of a dedicated and multi-talented workforce of more than 7,000 employees with decades of experience working as a global team.
Solar Turbines is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply. Solar Turbines conducts Drug Screens and Background Checks